The Daniel-Mickel Foundation, located in Greenville, SC, evolved from the philanthropy of its founders, Mr. and Mrs. Charles E. Daniel. Established in 1948 by the Daniels as The Daniel Foundation, it allowed the Daniels to contribute to local hospitals, churches, and college students in need of financial aid. As profits from the Daniels' construction business grew, so too did the foundation's ability to make significant contributions to Greenville's and the Upstate's landscape.
In 1993, under the longtime leadership of the Daniels' nephew, Mr. Buck Mickel, The Daniel Foundation was renamed The Daniel-Mickel Foundation. The foundation's goal has always been to enhance the quality of life for all people in its community, and it focuses its funding on education, arts and culture, health and human services, and the environment. To date, The Daniel-Mickel Foundation has contributed more than $46 million to organizations in and around Greenville, SC.
The Daniel-Mickel Foundation
P. O. Box 9278
Greenville, SC 29604
Images courtesy of: Furman University, Artisphere, The Governor's School for the Arts, Friends of Paris Mountain State Park, Palmetto Conservation Foundation, Peace Center for the Performing Arts, Homes of Hope, Roper Mountain Science Center and A Child's Haven